It may have seemed like your fantasy team just wasn’t putting up as many points as it has in previous years. That’s because scoring overall has been down to start this season. In fact, through seven weeks, the 43.4 average total points per game, was the lowest the NFL has seen since 2010. That all changed in week eight. Five flex-able players scored three touchdowns Sunday. We had 15 players score over 30 fantasy points (full PPR & 6 point per passing touchdown). These players will make up our Studs for the week. Of course, there were some duds… and we’ll get into those too.
· Jalen Hurts put up 39.25 fantasy points on 285 passing yards and four touchdowns. He only rushed twice for ten yards, and still finished as QB1. Hurts is in the midst of an MVP-like season for the Eagles.
· Tua Tagovailoa put up 39 fantasy points as our start of the week. He threw for 382 yards and three scores through the air.
· Kyler Murray put up 33.9 fantasy points despite Kliff Kingsbury making terrible play calls all game long (as he does). He added 36 yards on the ground on six carries.
· Dak Prescott scored 31.9 fantasy points with 250 passing yards one touchdown and one interception: adding 34 yards and one score on the ground.
· Justin Fields scored 31.55 points in week eight. He has really improved his play over the last few weeks overall, on the back of some great rushing performances. He threw for 151 and two touchdowns and added 60 rushing yards and one touchdown on the ground.
· Marcus Mariota (our stream of the week) finished as QB6 with 30.95 fantasy points. He threw for 253 yards and three scores through the air, adding 43 yards on the ground.
Running Back Studs
· Alvin Kamara is RB1 for week eight on the back of 158 scrimmage yards, nine receptions, and three touchdowns. Kamara has his old workload back and should be in for a huge second half of 2022.
· Christian McCaffrey hit the touchdown triple crown Sunday with one touchdown each passing, rushing, and receiving. He scored 42.6 PPR points and finished as RB2.
· Derrick Henry scored two touchdowns against the Texans for the fourth straight contest. He ran for 219 yards on the ground and put up 35.8 PPR points.
· Tony Pollard (start of the week) finished as RB4 with 33.7 PPR points and three touchdowns as the lead back in Dallas while Zeke sat out with injury.
· D’Onta Foreman was RB5 in week 8. He finished with 118 rushing yards and three scores on the ground vs Atlanta on the way to 31.8 PPR points.
Wide Receiver Studs
· AJ Brown was on fire this week. He scored three touchdowns on six receptions for 156 yards on his way to the WR1 overall on the week.
· DeAndre Hopkins is back as the alpha receiver in Arizona. He was targeted 13 times, catching 12 for 159 yards and one touchdown. Hopkins has drawn 41 percent of Kyler’s targets since his return two weeks ago. He finished as WR2 on the week.
· Tyreek Hill was WR3 on the day with 12 receptions and 188 yards and Jaylen Waddle finished WR4 with eight receptions for 106 yards and two touchdowns. This is the second time this season the pair of Dolphins wideouts finished in the top five of fantasy wide receivers.
Tight End Studs
· Tyler Conklin was TE1 this week making his return to relevancy. He hauled in six receptions for 79 yards and two touchdowns.
· Isaiah Likely stepped up when Mark Andrews left the game early with an injury. He caught six passes for 77 yards and one touchdown, proving the preseason hype wasn't totally unwarranted.
· Kyle Pitts (finally) saw some targets in week nine and finished as TE3 on the week on the back of 80 receiving yards and one touchdown, on five receptions.
What a week for scoring across the league! We can't wait to see what week ten has in store for us!